Interested in a great book on leadership? Check out “The Leadership Journey” from my friend Jim Holmes. This is not a referral link and I get nothing for it. I’m just trying to promote a great book!
Here are some interesting articles and blog posts I’ve run into over the last week (Feb 3 – Feb 9, 2020):
- How I write backends
- “We only hire the best” – This is an old post, but a good one.
- Building a Simple Rest API with Go
- Does your web app need a front-end framework?
- 15 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Software Project
- 9 Things I Learned Building the Same App with Angular and React
- Why Public Wi-Fi is a Lot Safer Than You Think
- Monoliths are the future
- Why Discord is switching from Go to Rust
- You don’t (may not) need Moment.js
- The Dark Side of Microservices
- When shouldn’t my team adopt Test Driven Development?
- Where are Docker Images Stored? Docker Container Paths Explained
Non-Technology / Random
- Why vegan junk food may be even worse for your health
- Doing Western students’ homework is big business in Kenya
- How to Work From Home and Actually Get Stuff Done
- Is LinkedIn a Waste of Time?
- Into the Personal-Website-Verse
- Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled, So They’re Piling Up in Landfills
- The Most Powerful Thank-You Notes Don’t Come the Next Day
- The Oldest Treasures From 12 Great Libraries